My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

Well, I'm Ingemar... and unless specified, most of the content on the TOMKYOU blog will be about an orange catman. The profile and the INGEMAR blog will be exclusively about me, the non-catman.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Shadow Warrior Chronicles

==Utawarerumono.

I'm dead serious. Unless the rumors that the names were switched with another series in Anime News Network, that seems to be the title for Utawarerumono, licensed by ADV.

I remember an online friend who I interviewed IRL said the three dumbest things she's ever heard were ADV.

Now is the beginning of our greatest fears and anxieties. Yes, there will be silly dubs. Yes, there will be silly n00bs ruining the spirit of the series. Yes, there will be transliterations that we will not be familiar with (Crow? Ultrie? Tusukur? Call your offices, please).

That is all a given. What bothers me the most is--

CONVENTIONS.

That's right, CONVENTIONS.

Utawarerumono is too good of an anime NOT to build up a following in the States. That eventually means we will have Utawarerumono fans and Utawarerumono cosplayers like--

FAT ERURUU.
FAT HAKUORO.
FAT ARURUU.
FAT BENAWI.
FAT (SCANTILY CLAD) KARURA.

And the list goes on.

Yes, I admit I was FAT SHIROU in AX 2006 but I made fun of myself at least, and at least I tried to go for the Archer's Arm look. Actually, all of that doesn't make anything better. I think I'll drink a bottle of Tylenol before bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home